January 23, 2009

Stupidity vs. Asininity

The dictionary defines STUPID |ˈst(y)oōpid| as a term that implies a sluggish, slow-witted, lack of intelligence or common sense person.

Perhaps I should apply the term ASININE |ˈasəˌnīn|. A harsher word, implying asslike or foolish behavior rather than slow-wittedness.

I was seeing a supplier since the whole morning, trying to loosen up some works before my Chinese New Year long break. Then I was summoned by my-already-on-leave colleague back to my office. The main reason being that the one and only colleague at office is already hungry! And no one is there to either buy lunch for her or standby for her to go out for lunch. What a stupid reason! I’ll rephrase that. What an asinine remark!

Hence, I need to weave my way back through the lunch traffic, just to show my face and my presence there (together with my temper of course). I need to be on the run again to continue my works in a short while.

What really puzzled me is that there is still such person in existence. We are in the business of meeting and socializing with people, seeing tons of characters which means there plentiful ways to enhance and carve one’s attitudes and characters but yet the asinine behavior can still be in continuation.

Well I can never change the world, not even change someone. But I can always change myself, my perception and have some paradigm shifts on certain aspects, if not on certain people. Yeah, Steven Covey’s 7 Habits. Seems like I need to revisit the book, or perhaps move on to the 8th Habit!

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: