January 2, 2009

a NEW year instead

Everything seems to turn NEW lately. Lately as of the past few hours of this NEW year of 2009. Most people got new haircut, wearing new clothes, got new resolutions (as the past years' does not seemed to work) and not to forget the new working style.

Most of the workforce fellas are still partying. The new year party-drug is has not really relieved off these people, and that include myself. I did not party on the eve of 2008. Just that I kinda miss the long stretch of non-working days till weekend, like I've had during the Christmas no-work marathon. Ahh, I can snuggle myself on bed till sun starting to fall, then only roll myself up for the early breakfast at 2:30pm!

The NEW working patterns of these people are shown on the second day of this year. Everyone is still on leave! No one picking up calls. Not many people moving around. You will see clearer roads, as compared to seeing red braking lights covering entire traffic. The environment is so quiet, the city is empty and quite dead at this point. What a good way to welcome the year. But if you take a day off today, well you will have 4-non-working and late-snuggling days.

Usually during the rush-hour to work, there are tons of cars barricading your ways. But ambulances always find their way through, of course with their wailing sirens. Not fair! I wished I have my own 'screamer' too: "Get outta my way! I'm late for work!"

Not today though. This old-style of greeting for millions of motorists did not happen this morning, it is good enough to start my day. This is new. Could it be people prioritize life more than work at this time round? If not, then why do so many people are not working to welcome and greet this very new year? I know. I'm jealous as I do not have more leave to clear. Ack, I'm missing my 4-day no-work-marathon during Christmas. The same old me at this very new year.

The U.S are looking very forward to 2009 though, perhaps even more on 2010. They wanted to bury 2008 so badly till the very last drop of sand. What a year that crashed Wall Street since 30's Great Depression, tumbling giant companies, collapsing the peak oil price at US$147 in July to US$40 currently etc. You take the calculators and punch on the red numbers.

Not too much of words now. I too have 2 New resolutions this year.

1. Not to include that many words in one post. Some might say I'm long winded. Some might fall asleep while reading it. I'm trying to apply some marketing psychology here see if it works:
Expensive = good, cheap = bad.
A long posting = boring post, a short posting = exciting ones!


2. To write down my resolutions physically. Well, I have not really thought of WHAT to be written down, but I'm sure by writing down you are really committed to yourself and will move towards achieving it, consciously or sub-consciously.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

No comments: